** Update January 2017: There is no need to sign up. You can visit this website or check social media for the daily self-care exercises. If you would like email updates of posts. Look to the column on the right (desktop) or at the very bottom of the page (mobile) and enter your email in the box.
Please post your comments– share your successes and struggles. Over the years women have said how helpful and important it is to know we are not alone!
If you’d like to document your journey on social media you’re encouraged to use one or all of these hashtags: #selfcarewarriors #selfcareisradical #loveisresistance
We have begun our Self-Care Challenge 2012! I am really looking forward to the support and connection of the more than 100 women signed up!
First, there are no steadfast rules to this challenge. You can do exercises out of order, do them more than once, or even skip one if you need to… Your intention and commitment is what matters here.
- Be kind. Of course, discipline, structure and responsibility help too. But the whole point of this challenge is taking good care of YOU.
- Carve out time. This is about you. Most of the daily exercises take no more than 10 minutes.
- Try it. Even if you feel silly or judge it as hokey– it might be just what you need.
- Forgive. Especially when you have difficulty or fall off. Compassion is key.
- Get support. Check in with a friend or accountability partner. Share on the blog or visit to see what others are saying.
- Step It Up. Challenge yourself to kick it up a notch. Or go ahead and modify the exercise to suit you.
- Stay with it. Commit until the end.
Looking forward to our journey together!